It’s 2:52 PST and 3 Ninjas is on. (Note also on Youtube in it’s entirety so I don’t blame you for stopping your reading now and just getting some 3 ninjas)
I have trained my little sister well because this little gem was just sitting in my DVR waiting to be watched! Granted it’s on Disney XD (yeah, IDK when that XD thing happened either) but still watchable especially because fast forwarding. Except for this commercial which I’m buying. now.
I remember this movie from when I was a kid and is one of the few 10/10’s on my imdb but that’s mostly for nostalgia sake. There were a few key differences I noticed as a 22 year old man that I didn’t quite notice or think anything about when i was a boy.
For one, there is a lot of violence in this movie but aside from the blunt nut trauma (Light up the eyes boys) nothing really fatal, except for one shot to the heart with a knife by of course, grandpa where the sound effect (and they use a lot of them) is actually that of a boinging ball. Those are really the only words I could use to describe it. It is cut out of all the scenes on Youtube and must be a Disney XD version.
Other random differences
- Those ninjas might be Storm Troopers on earth because they were constantly made to be fools by kids, even Tum Tum.
- The mom was way hotter
- The stoner meth head metal heads were pretty duckin fumb in this movie.
- Emily is kind of a bitch.
- Rocky is a lot cockier than I remember, I always thought Colt was the loose cannon but Rocky is pretty B.A
- Rocky can DUNK! Forget being a ninja, NBA!
Thing’s that haven’t changed
- Rocky loves Emily.
- Synder is still a dick, and Grandpa is still The Man.
- Colt’s still the loose cannon.
- Tum Tum still has a lisp when he says Jelly Beans.
- They Light Up The Eyes (see link above)
I love this movie. Worth seeing if you ever wanted to be a ninja. 10 out of 10 reggatown bongo beats! Worth seeing just to see Rocky show off, he’s so impressive!